I’ve been lousy about updating. And, I can’t promise that I’ll be much better in the future. But, a lot has happened over the last year and a bit, so I’ll at least do a quick run-down of some of the highlights.
- Spent seven weeks in Berlin as part of a really cool program organized by the German Foreign Office for “young” diplomats.
- Traveled to Istanbul, Bucharest, Amsterdam, Luxembourg City, Madrid, and Split for fun.
- Traveled to Berlin, Hamburg, Stuttgart, and Munich for work.
- Covered for my boss for three months while she was out on maternity leave.
- Also covered for two of our locally engaged staff who were out for significant parts of that time.
- Got promoted (finally).
- Visited my host families in Belgium.
- Worked my first Secretary of State visit.
- Worked the Vice President’s first trip overseas as VP.
- Worked a ridiculous number of other visits.
- Wrote some cables.
- Went home to Texas twice.
Looking forward, I have a couple of trips planned in the next couple of months and some thoughts about some other travel goals for my last year or so here. My boss will rotate back to DC and her successor will arrive this summer. I’ll bid on my next assignment this fall. And, I’m sure plenty of other stuff will pop up.
If the motivation strikes, I may write up some of what’s happened over the last year in more detail, but sadly can’t guarantee I’ll get around to it. But I’ll at least try not to wait another year to update this thing. 😛